Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

heat map with street and county

jwoolcott

Community Trekker

Feb 12, 2016

Trying to create a heat map in graph builder down to street level. I would also like to include a county outline. Is this possible to do?

3 REPLIES
ian_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

I think the answer depends on exactly what you mean, and I'm not quite sure, unfortunately. JMP can use custom shape files to display and select geo-spatial information, and also background maps to help the interpretation of point-oriented data.

Do any of the examples at: http://www.jmp.com/support/help/Examples_of_Creating_Maps.shtml come close? Do you have an example of what you have in mind?

jwoolcott

Community Trekker

Feb 12, 2016

So what i am looking to do is to do a heat map with the street level map, then a county outline around the street level map. does that make sense?

JohnPonte

Staff

Jun 17, 2013

Does this look like what you are trying to do?

11010_pastedImage_0.png

This graph shows crime data for San Francisco (from JMP's sample data). I used the background map options for both OpenStreetMap and US counties. Then I turned on the Heatmap, which shows counts of number of crimes in each area. I then applied transparency using the color legend so that I could still see the map underneath the Heatmap. Notice I changed the color of the county lines to orange so they would stand out more.

Hope this helps!