Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

choosing which map graph builder uses

ckerr

Community Trekker

Sep 3, 2014

I already have a custom map for the floor plan of my plant.

There is a planned remodel of the plant, so I will be creating a matching custom map, but will need to retain both old and new map files for reporting purposes.

When I create a choropleth map in graph builder, it just seems to "know" which map to use, but with an old & a new floor plan map, I would like to script for a specific one to be used depending on the data set to be presented.

Is there a way to script which map graph builder should use (JMP10)?

A related question: is there a way to tell graph builder NOT to use a map?  I also have data with values that apparently match some geographic abbreviation in one of the geographic maps.  Every time I try to make a pie chart, I get a choropleth instead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

For your first question, there's a column property called Map Role that can be used to point to a particular map file.

For the second, I'm guessing you're dropping the category variable in the middle zone in which Graph Builder tries to guess the most appropriate role. If so, you can drop it explicitly in the X zone to avoid Graph Builder putting it in the Shape zone.

3 REPLIES
Solution

For your first question, there's a column property called Map Role that can be used to point to a particular map file.

For the second, I'm guessing you're dropping the category variable in the middle zone in which Graph Builder tries to guess the most appropriate role. If so, you can drop it explicitly in the X zone to avoid Graph Builder putting it in the Shape zone.

ckerr

Community Trekker

Sep 3, 2014

Thank you for your responses to both questions.

Just so I’m sure I’ve got the implications of the map role column:

If my data comes out as a mix of “old” and “new”, I’d need to have separate subsets for old / new, then set the map role for the correct column in each subset. Correct?

Thanks again.

XanGregg

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Right, or at least separate columns for the old and new.