cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WakuWakuGoku
Level II

Path to the jmpStart.jsl file

I have understood that jmpStart.jsl file is automatically loaded when running JMP, which is really helpful. I asked my team members to modify their start jsl which can be found in their folder, e.g. C:/Users/<ID>/AppData/Roaming/SAS/JMP, and it went very well.

Now I was wondering if we could identify the path of our jmpstart.jsl even though we could check it in our log file. It would be easier for me if we could have a script with which we can get the path to it, like "get xxx directory"??

Sorry if my question is unclear!

Thank you very much for your help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Path to the jmpStart.jsl file

$USER_APPDATA should get a path that should be able to provide you with what you want.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Show( Get Default Directory() );
Set Default Directory( "$USER_APPDATA" );

The result may need to have a level or 2 trimmed off of what is returned, but the path includes what you said you needed.

Jim

View solution in original post

jthi
Super User

That file can be found from few different locations Run a Script at Start Up and you should be able to access those using Path Variables ($HOME/$USER_APPDATA and $ALL_HOME) . Note that if you use JMP18 those paths will be different but path variables will still work (Path Variables (JMP18 Help))

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

$USER_APPDATA should get a path that should be able to provide you with what you want.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Set Default Directory( "$USER_APPDATA" );

The result may need to have a level or 2 trimmed off of what is returned, but the path includes what you said you needed.

Jim
WakuWakuGoku
Level II

Thank you for sharing nice info!

jthi
Super User

That file can be found from few different locations Run a Script at Start Up and you should be able to access those using Path Variables ($HOME/$USER_APPDATA and $ALL_HOME) . Note that if you use JMP18 those paths will be different but path variables will still work (Path Variables (JMP18 Help))

-Jarmo
WakuWakuGoku
Level II

Thank you Jarmo for sharing many tips, which I did not know. Kiitos paljon!