BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hans_deroos
Community Trekker

Journaling with the Freeze option does not do what I would expect

I want to Journal my Graph in such a way that it is independent of the variables it is based on.  When I open this at a later stage (when I lost the variables values) the Graph is empty

I tried to <<Journal ("Freeze all"); and variations as is mentioned in the Scripting Manual.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

Re: Journaling with the Freeze option does not do what I would expect

Try it without the quotation marks. (My bug, I'll get it fixed, thanks!)

Craige
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

Try it without the quotation marks. (My bug, I'll get it fixed, thanks!)

Craige
0 Kudos
hans_deroos
Community Trekker

Thanks it works great - Hans

gzmorgan0
Super User

I am not sure what Freeze All is supposed to do. The problem that you have encountered is a commonly made mistake. The FrameBox for JMP graphs are intended to be dynamic. Your script was adding a script to the graph framebox. You need to store values not variables. If you added to the graphbox script the definition of the variables with their values, then when you opened it up the graphbox script would rerun with the values.

To understand  the  attached Revised script you should look up functions Eval Insert() and Parse().  In essense, this script is creating a string that contains values and enumerates each graph point and line. Once the string is built, Parse() converts it to an expression and eval runs it. 

The alternate script shows that by adding the variable values to the script you do not need to enumerte the values, but you still have the task of writing the graphics script to do that. 

0 Kudos
gzmorgan0
Super User

Craige,

Where is Freeze All documented?  It appears a bitmap is saved. What version was it implemented?

0 Kudos
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

It was one of the first things I did when I joined the JMP group, around JMP 5 or 6 probably. Page 300 in the JMP 13 Scripting Guide, off of the Help menu.

Craige
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

An advantage of @gzmorgan0 's approach is keeping a graph rather than a picture. Tools like Zoom and Crosshair work on graphs, but not pictures.

Craige
0 Kudos
hans_deroos
Community Trekker

Yes - this is a good alternative if you want Zoom etc.  We will keep this in mind - thanks Craige and @gzmorgan0 for the support

0 Kudos