As a follow-up to my previous post on how to get Bubble Plots and Profilers created using JMP 8 into PowerPoint 2007, here's how to do the same thing if you have PowerPoint 2003:
1. Go to View-->Toolbars-->Control Toolbox.
2. Click on the icon that looks like two little tools (should be at the end of the list).
3. Scroll down until you get to “Shockwave Flash Object,” which should be in the list if you have Flash installed.
4. You’ll get some crosshairs. Draw the box where you want it and how big you want it. You will get a white box with an X.
5. Right-click on it and select “Properties.”
6. Change the “embedmovie” property to “true” (default is false).
7. Find the .swf file that you saved from JMP. You need to get the absolute path to the file (so find where it is and write it down or copy it over) and the file name. Paste this into the “Movie” property in the dialog box.
8. The “playing” and “loop” options are default true, and this is what you want.
9. When you close the Properties box, you’re done! But you won't see anything until you go to slideshow mode.