Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Custom Designs for Experimentation

I just finished the draft of a new short course about design of experiments called Custom Designs for Experiments. SAS Education launched a high level training experience several years ago known as the Business Knowledge Series (BKS).

BKS was a opportunity for our users to spend time in a class with a reknown expert. This idea was later advanced in a new Analytical Lecture Series (ALS) comprised of half-day seminars in a Live Web format on special topics, again by experts in the field and in academia. (I was fortunate to be able to assist Dr. J. Stuart Hunter when he presented his seminar about time series analysis in the context of statistical process control. JMP was featured heavily in all of the demonstrations. Working with Dr. Hunter is always a pleasure. I never fail to learn more, even about a familiar topic, whenever we get together.)

After the success of the original ALS, SAS Education decided to expand the offerings. JMP training was invited to contribute a short course about custom design. It will premiere on August 9, 2007. You can read more about it at Custom Designs for Experiments, where there is a detailed outline.

This seminar introduces custom designs by illustrating how simple it is to design an experiment for any situation through a complex but realistic example.

Beyond this seminar, we also offer more in-depth training for custom design and the principles of experimentation in a wonderful two-day course, Modern Design of Experiments. Information about this course is available at Modern Design of Experiments, including a detailed course outline.

I hope to see you in a class soon!