It’s World Statistics Day! To honor the theme of the day, the JMP User Community is having conversations about the importance of trust in statistics and data. And we want to hear from you! Tell us the steps you take to ensure that your data is trustworthy.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
billi
Level IV

very basic line plot graph question

I am trying to re-create a graph that was plotted in excel (image of the plot is attached in file test excel). I tried plotting it in jmp but not getting the same graph. Data is attached and I have saved the graph that I got in the data table. Can anyone please help me with this simple graph?

test excel.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: very basic line plot graph question

To start with, the time column in your JMP table is a character string and has the Ordinal modeling type. Convert it to numeric and continuous modeling type. That will give the proper scaling of your x-axis.

However, the graph will not look like the Excel chart because it is not the same data. For example, look at batch E. In the provided JMP table you show a percent of 43 at time 240. In the Excel graph you have a value in the 80s.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

To start with, the time column in your JMP table is a character string and has the Ordinal modeling type. Convert it to numeric and continuous modeling type. That will give the proper scaling of your x-axis.

However, the graph will not look like the Excel chart because it is not the same data. For example, look at batch E. In the provided JMP table you show a percent of 43 at time 240. In the Excel graph you have a value in the 80s.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

Highlighted
billi
Level IV

@Dan_Obermiller Thank you for your reply. It worked and yes some of the values did not match but I got same graph if I use same values. Thank you again for your help.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.