Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Printing Labels on JMP Output

gueset

Community Trekker

Apr 17, 2013

Hi,

I am using JMP 11 to create a bar graph using Graph Builder. When I label a column to be used in the bar graph, it shows up in Graph Builder. However, when I try to save the final graph as a PDF (or PNG or JPG for that matter), the correct labels are not there. Instead, I see something that looks like the row number.

Does anyone else have this issue? Better yet, does anyone know of a fix for this?

I think this may be a bug with the tool.

Thanks!

Graph Builder Bar Graph Showing Correct Labels

5981_2014-04-14_15h35_11.png

PDF of Bar Graph Showing Wrong Labels

5982_wrong.png

4 REPLIES
none1

Community Trekker

Apr 9, 2014

Please post your table.

gueset

Community Trekker

Apr 17, 2013

The table used in this example is the same as the Hot Dogs Sample table. You can find this table by going to Help > Sample Data > Food and Nutrition > Hot Dogs in any version of JMP I believe.

From there, I created a Summary Table grouping by Type and Taste. I calculated the Sum and the % of Total for Calories. Once I created that summary table, I put a label on the % of Total(Calories) column and used Graph Builder to generate the results from the previous post (basically, a bar graph with Type on x-axis, Sum(Calories) on y-axis, and Taste in Overlay). You can put the % of Total(Calories) on the bars by going to Label > Row Label on the left side (under the Variables section).

Now, go ahead and try exporting that graph as a PDF and see what comes out. Maybe, it's just my version of JMP that's acting weird.

Here is what the summarized table looks like:

5992_Hot Dogs Summary Table.png

Thanks.

louv

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

6021_Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 3.51.28 PM.png

Seems to work for me. I am using JMP 11.1.1

gueset

Community Trekker

Apr 17, 2013

Hi Lou,

Thank you for checking that it works for you. I asked my co-worker to check and he is having the same issue. I think this may be an issue/bug with my version of JMP, that is 11.0.0.

I found a way around the issue (instead of Save as..., do a Print... and use PDF Creator to generate PDF), however, this takes a bit more effort and may give unfavorable results in some cases.

I will update my version of JMP and try again. If the issue persists, I will re-open this discussion.

Thanks!