Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Printing Labels on JMP Output

gueset

Community Trekker

Joined:

Apr 17, 2013

Hi,

I am using JMP 11 to create a bar graph using Graph Builder. When I label a column to be used in the bar graph, it shows up in Graph Builder. However, when I try to save the final graph as a PDF (or PNG or JPG for that matter), the correct labels are not there. Instead, I see something that looks like the row number.

Does anyone else have this issue? Better yet, does anyone know of a fix for this?

I think this may be a bug with the tool.

Thanks!

Graph Builder Bar Graph Showing Correct Labels

5981_2014-04-14_15h35_11.png

PDF of Bar Graph Showing Wrong Labels

5982_wrong.png

4 REPLIES
none1

Community Trekker

Joined:

Apr 9, 2014

Please post your table.

gueset

Community Trekker

Joined:

Apr 17, 2013

The table used in this example is the same as the Hot Dogs Sample table. You can find this table by going to Help > Sample Data > Food and Nutrition > Hot Dogs in any version of JMP I believe.

From there, I created a Summary Table grouping by Type and Taste. I calculated the Sum and the % of Total for Calories. Once I created that summary table, I put a label on the % of Total(Calories) column and used Graph Builder to generate the results from the previous post (basically, a bar graph with Type on x-axis, Sum(Calories) on y-axis, and Taste in Overlay). You can put the % of Total(Calories) on the bars by going to Label > Row Label on the left side (under the Variables section).

Now, go ahead and try exporting that graph as a PDF and see what comes out. Maybe, it's just my version of JMP that's acting weird.

Here is what the summarized table looks like:

5992_Hot Dogs Summary Table.png

Thanks.

louv

Staff

Joined:

Jun 23, 2011

6021_Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 3.51.28 PM.png

Seems to work for me. I am using JMP 11.1.1

gueset

Community Trekker

Joined:

Apr 17, 2013

Hi Lou,

Thank you for checking that it works for you. I asked my co-worker to check and he is having the same issue. I think this may be an issue/bug with my version of JMP, that is 11.0.0.

I found a way around the issue (instead of Save as..., do a Print... and use PDF Creator to generate PDF), however, this takes a bit more effort and may give unfavorable results in some cases.

I will update my version of JMP and try again. If the issue persists, I will re-open this discussion.

Thanks!