Subscribe Bookmark
anne_milley

Staff

May 28, 2014

Exploring text and other data with Heath Rushing

HeathHeath Rushing is someone I count myself very fortunate to know — first as a colleague at SAS and now as co-founder of Adsurgo, a successful consultancy.

Over years of JMP use, Heath has enthusiastically taught classes using JMP, written papers and the book, Design and Analysis of Experiments by Douglas Montgomery:  A Supplement Using JMP, and given us valuable feedback to make JMP better.

JMP 13 will be released in September, and we are grateful to Heath for his significant input on the new Text Explorer platform. A few years ago, some of our customers were wanting to do some basic text analysis, and Heath leveraged the JMP-R integration to very good effect. One of these applications is highlighted in his top-rated Discovery Summit presentation last year: "Harness the Power of JMP: Big Data and Social Media for Competitor Analytics." And he will be presenting “Mind the Gap: JMP on the Text Explorer Express” using new features in JMP 13 at JMP Discovery Summit next month.

We are pleased to feature Heath on August’s Analytically Speaking. We hope you will join us to hear about successful text analytics projects, easier workflow for basic text analytics and see a preview of some of this new capability in JMP 13.

1 Comment
Community Member

Deborah Upchurch wrote:

Way to go Heath! I too count myself very fortunate to know HR! And such a fantastic instructor that he is as well!