Mastering JMP live webcasts are for JMP (or JMP Pro) users who want to expand their JMP skills.
The 1- hour webcasts are led by JMP systems engineers who demonstrate JMP, often using case studies, and answer questions on the topic of the day.
Please suggest new topics for 2015 that would be valuable to you and others looking to extend their JMP skills.
If you are an advanced JMP user, suggest an advanced topic suitable for experienced JMP users.
With each suggestion, please describe the general problem you would like to solve or what you would like to learn. For example, if you were interested in building applications, you might suggest:
Building Applications to Share with JMP Users: I would like to learn how to use JMP to build an application I can share with co-workers so we can all run several standard reports against updated data stored on a server, and then organize the reports into a combined, standard layout to share and discuss at meetings.
To see the topics already presented as live webcasts, view the on-demand video list from 2014.
This reply came into us:
One topic that could use more attention is working with lists
and associative arrays. Another area for more attention is working with
images and image blobs. Finally, the JMP built in graphics are great, but
the graphic development tools are really cumbersome to comprehend.
These suggestions came to us in email.
Here are some suggestions from my company:
(1) I would like to see one on understanding and using the features of the DOE tools.
(2) an overview of their different analysis techniques - to what situations would they apply and
(3) some more in-depth training on some of these specific tools. For example, go to "analyze" then "quality and process" then pick any of the items there.
I would like to request a Mastering JMP live webcast for the 'Fit Life by X' platform. This appears to be a very useful tool for modeling accelerated reliability stresses, but much of it is not intuitively obvious to those of us who have used other software.
I would particularly like to see how to use this for modeling lifetime from multiple stresses, say for example, Black's Equation for electromigration, or Peck's equation for Relative Humidity, Voltage, and Temperature (Physics of failure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
We have just finalized Mastering JMP for 2015. Erich Gundlach will integrate your suggestion into the Reliability Analysis presentation you attended in December. Consider registering for the April session, and please let us know if it hits the mark. To register: https://sasevent.webex.com/sasevent/onstage/g.php?MTID=e3a70fed3f0123e31fb90db230e513c56
JMP helps you pinpoint defects in materials or processes and identify design vulnerabilities so you can understand the best way to correct them. See how to use JMP to determine the most appropriate distribution to use for making reliability lifetime predictions on your products and components.
This webcast covers: fitting life distributions; analyzing degradation data; forecasting failures; and measuring
Few topics for consideration:
1. Multivariate analysis
2. Principal components
4. Discriminent analysis
5. Correspondance Analysis
6. Graph builder
8. Tables menu
Hi Mohammed. Thank you for the suggestions. We have some live Mastering JMP topics scheduled at www.jmp.com/mastering You can also register at the links below.
1. Multivariate analysis July 17 http://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/live-webcasts/mastering-jmp/multivariate-analysis-17jul2015.html
2. Principal components July 17 Covered in Multivariate Analysis http://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/live-webcasts/mastering-jmp/multivariate-analysis-17jul2015.html
3. PLS Nothing scheduled. We will consider adding this for JMP and JMP Pro users. Thank you. Do you have the book, Discovering Partial Least Squares with JMP? https://www.sas.com/jmpstore/books/prodBK_65346_en.html Chapters 4-8 have examples you can work through using the data available here http://ftp.sas.com/samples/A65346
4. Discriminant analysis July 17 Covered in Multivariate Analysis http://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/live-webcasts/mastering-jmp/multivariate-analysis-17jul2015.html
5. Correspondence Analysis July 17 Covered in Multivariate Analysis http://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/live-webcasts/mastering-jmp/multivariate-analysis-17jul2015.html
6. Graph builder May 15 http://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/live-webcasts/mastering-jmp/graph-builder-15may2015.html
7. Tabulate and 8. Tables menu will be covered May 29 Importing and Organizing Your Data for Analysis http://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/live-webcasts/mastering-jmp/importing-organizing-data-29may2015.html and June 5 Preparing Your Data for Analysis http://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/live-webcasts/mastering-jmp/preparing-data-5jun2015.html