cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Invalid Rate Percentage

1. I have 2 columns for total number of runs (A) and number of failed runs (B). I want to have the % of invalid runs by JMP. When I do it in Excel, I would do sum of column B divided by sum of column A. How can I do that in JMP please? And how to put that number in a report form? Is there a way to put that % in chart form?
2. There is a column for me to mark either True/False for each row. And I want to find the % of False out of the total in that column. How can I do sum of False divided by the total (True and False)?
Thank you for your time.
5 REPLIES 5
jthi
Super User

Re: Invalid Rate Percentage

Check out Summary platform to create new table with aggregated data. You can then perform calculations there

-Jarmo

Thank you I will into that section. 

txnelson
Super User

Welcome to the JMP Community.

Jarmo's response correctly points you to the JMP Platform that will solve your specific question.  In addition to pursuing that direction, I also encourage you to take the time to explore JMP.  The tools for new JMP users to learn JMP are located under the Help pull down menu. 

If you are using JMP 18, the "Learn JMP" selection provides "The one place to access all JMP learning materials".

Earlier versions of JMP have selections for the Discovering JMP document and  Tutorials, along with a selection that will open the complete JMP Documentation Library.

And of course, the JMP Discussion Community is there to provide additional help when needed.

Jim

Thank you for being kind for pointing me to the right direction. I am very new to JMP and was a bit confused navigating all of the resources. I will 

LuzBosco
Level I

Thank you for answering, that is very helpful.