BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
apopheniac1855

Not applicable

Jun 14, 2018

Iterate through multiple measurements, analyze the data and create a column with the results

Hello everyone,

JMP newby here. I have a data table that has multiple measurements that are separated by "[EOF]" term in pulseVoltage column. I want to procedurally iterate through all the measurements and analyze the data with some formulas (find DUT current value at which the slope of the DUT voltage vs DUT current curve changes by x%) and want to store the corresponding value for each measurement in a new column called Icrit. How would I go about it? Is it even possible with JMP?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Re: Iterate through multiple measurements, analyze the data and create a column with the results

I am confused over what you are actually looking for.  When I look at the data, each of the separate groupings that were separated by [EOF].  I don't see any slopes in the data.  each of the different grouping do not change on one of the dimentions.

slope.GIF

Jim
apopheniac1855

Not applicable

Jun 14, 2018

Re: Iterate through multiple measurements, analyze the data and create a column with the results

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. By change in slope I mean the value of the expression DUT voltage/DUT current.

Basically I will calculate the value of DUT voltage/DUT current at each row and when it changes by a certain percentage, the corresponding DUT current value would go to Icrit column. Other rows in the Icrit column would be blank.

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

What is your algorthm for the calculation of % increase?  Is it based upon the % increase of one of the axes, or is it the slope from one data point to the next?  Can you provide more spcifics on this?

Jim