cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Learning more about using JMP Pro

Hello JMP community,

I am interested in learning more about using JMP Pro. I have been using JMP for statistical analysis and data visualization, and I believe that JMP Pro can help me to improve my workflow and performance. I would like to know if anyone has experience using JMP Pro. What are some of the benefits and challenges of using this platform? How can I optimize my use of JMP Pro? 

Here are some specific questions that I have:

• What are the system requirements for running JMP Pro?
  • Are there any compatibility issues that I should be aware of?
  • How can I use automation and scripting to streamline my workflow in JMP Pro?
  • Are there any tips or best practices for using JMP Pro?

I would appreciate any insights, resources, or examples that you can share.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Yamaris

2 REPLIES 2
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Learning more about using JMP Pro

Hi @MannTriceratops,

Welcome in the Community !

You can find the system requirements for any version of JMP here : https://www.jmp.com/en_us/support/system-requirements.html. I don't know any specific ressources for JMP related to this computer.

Concerning automation and scripting, there are a lot of ressources related to JMP Scripting Language. Here are some :

And you can also join the JMP Scripting Users Group to exchange and benefit from the experiences of other users.

Hope this answer will help you,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Learning more about using JMP Pro

As a former JMP Senior Systems Engineer, now retired, I agree with everything @Victor_G recommends. Compatibility shouldn't be a big concern since you are already running JMP. The only things I'd maybe think about is, depending on your specific system's attributes, using some of JMP Pro's more computationally intensive capabilities might run slower than you'd like...but too many unknowns and variables to make blanket generalizations. As for tips/best practices...three thoughts:

1. Review this web site to learn more about JMP Pro's capabilities: JMP Pro

2. Contact your JMP sales team and tell them 'I'd like to learn more about JMP Pro.' They'll take it from there.

3. Take a look at the library of On Demand JMP webinars and see if there are any topics that are JMP Pro centric that might be of interest to you. For example, years ago, I created a webinar entitled "Partial Least Squares...What to Use When Good Old Fashioned Ordinary Least Squares Regression Just Won't Work." A central point I made was, yes, JMP supports PLS, but if you are serious about using PLS then think hard about obtaining JMP Pro...the feature and capability set for PLS is much richer in JMP Pro compared to JMP.