Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Difficulty in hovering over selected data point in cluster of points

tejvishnu

Community Trekker

Jul 1, 2016

I have a scatter plot which has thousands of data points and a lot of the points overlap one another. When I go to the data table and select certain rows, the data in the selected rows are highlighted in the scatter plot as expected. However, due to the high density of data points in the scatter plot, when I try to hover on one of the highlighted points such that their coordinates pop up, I am unable to do so as it and the coordinates of some other unselected data point pops up. I imagine this is the case because the selected data point is "behind" (for lack of a better term) other unselected data points. Is there a way to bring the selected data point in "front" such that I am easily able to hover on it?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

I am assuming that you have turned "Labeling" on for the columns whos data you want displayed when you hover over the point.  And then you are selecting a row of data.  And I am assuming that you are selecting that row of data directly on the chart.

One method that would work would be: after selecting the data on the chart, go to the data table, and go to the row selected(F6 or F7) and then rt click on the selected row, and turn on labeleing.  The values for the selected row(s) will be displayed on the graph.

Jim
2 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

I am assuming that you have turned "Labeling" on for the columns whos data you want displayed when you hover over the point.  And then you are selecting a row of data.  And I am assuming that you are selecting that row of data directly on the chart.

One method that would work would be: after selecting the data on the chart, go to the data table, and go to the row selected(F6 or F7) and then rt click on the selected row, and turn on labeleing.  The values for the selected row(s) will be displayed on the graph.

Jim
tejvishnu

Community Trekker

Jul 1, 2016

Thank you..