cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Scripters Club Recording: Making and publishing an Add-in - Guillaume  Bugnon, Senior Manufacturing Data Engineer - SOITEC

Presenter: Guillaume  Bugnon ( @guillaumebugnon)

Senior Manufacturing Data Engineer - SOITEC

hogi: Who is using Add-in Manager to create and manage the Add-ins?

It's great - it facilitates a lot the work, but one cannot create Toolbars.

Comments:

@Georg : I'm not using it, I use the JMP new Add-in method, it is easy and powerful enough for my needs

@jthi 

@Georg:  You can open Add-ins in JMP as well

maria_astals_0-1715787721721.jpeg

@hogi: we use it to automatically update the Add-In on the Notebooks of JMP users. Quite convenient

@Georg :I use the JMP Add-In Builder, and the automatic update I manage with a small start-up script.

@jthi: I use Add-In Manager to build my add-ins but I don't use it for updating. I manage add-in updates (and installations) using version control, these update checks are run when the add-in is launched from JMP menu.

@scwise:  What are the best practices to create and deploy a JMP Add-Ins for a group of many separate scripts (like a series of custom data utility tools)?

Answers:

@hogi: We bundle Add-ins by functionality, 3-10 JSL files + menu items per Add-In. The Add-ins are hosted on SharePoint - and get automatically update when JMP starts (via the Script from Add-In Manager)

@jthi: I separate them into different jsl files. And when I build the add-in I will either have multiple menu items OR I will build user-interface which is used to launch those different functionalities

@scwise: Can you still use the JMP Custom Starter Menu format as an add-in template?

This add-in downloads to your menu a JMP Custom Starter Menu created to orient common JMP tools to follow a Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve & Control) flow.  Works with releases ...

@hogi: Toolbars: the tiniest custom starter menus - always available

4 REPLIES 4
Ressel
Level VI

Re: Scripters Club Recording: Making and publishing an Add-in - Guillaume  Bugnon, Senior Manufacturing Data Engineer - SOITEC

@guillaumebugnon, great presentation & apologize the audacity of asking whether you'd be able to share the presentation journal you used during this session. Are you able to?

Re: Scripters Club Recording: Making and publishing an Add-in - Guillaume  Bugnon, Senior Manufacturing Data Engineer - SOITEC

Hello @Ressel, I am waiting for internal validation before sharing.

Guillaume

Please find the zip of the presentation:

• data samples: contains avro and parquet files from the orginal Semiconductor Capability.jmp data sample
  • ImportFiles: contains all the file that can be added to a jmpaddin or share on a file server
  • Presentation: contains the journal all journal attached files.

Guillaume

Guillaume
Ressel
Level VI

@guillaumebugnon, merci beaucoup! And thanks again for the inspiration. It will be very useful!