Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed
Justin_Chilton

Aug 27, 2015

Add-In Manager

Description

Add-In Manager enables you to easily build and re-build Add-In files, manage versions of an add-in over time, directly access source files, and have extra customizations for your add-in.

Quickly Build Add-Ins

The fundamental feature of Add-In Manager is the ability to build a JMP add-in file directly from source files. This feature was initially included in my Custom Add-In Builder add-in and Add-In Manager has taken the basics of that add-in and improved upon it.

General.PNG

Manage Versions of an Add-In

Add-In Manager has the ability to automatically keep a version history of an add-in file each time a new one is built. It allows you to install, restore, or delete a previous version of an add-in. You can optionally include a comment for each build so you can keep track of what changes went into each version.

Archive.png

Making Extra Add-In Customizations

Add-In Manager allows you to make a few customizations to your add-in that previously required manual changes to XML. Below are the extra customizations available in Add-In Manager

• Max JMP Version
  • Built-in JMP Icons for menu items
  • Insert before position for specifying a position for a menu item
  • Custom menu bar – create your own menu or use an existing menu other than “Add-Ins”

Custom_Menu_Built-in_Icon.png

Accessing Source Files Directly from JMP

On the Files tab within Add-In Manager, you can open files in your source folder directly from JMP by double-clicking on the desired file in the table.

Files.png

Managing Previously Installed Add-Ins

From the Installed tab, you can enable, disable, or register installed add-ins as well register add-ins that are not installed.

Installed.PNG

NOTE:  JMP 13 is required to install and use this add-in.

Comments
tejvishnu

The add-in does not seem to get installed on my computer. This seems to be the issue with some of the recently uploaded add-ins. Does this add-in require JMP-13?

I have JMP 12.2 on my computer.

Justin_Chilton

Hi @tejvishnu,

Yes, JMP 13 is required to install this add-in. Unfortunately, I was not able to make this add-in compatible with JMP 12. I have updated the post to include this this information.

Thanks,

Justin

Mincepie

I want to be so good, and charitable and thank JMP developers for the 13th version of a software program that I love to teach with. I've had it since version 5.0, with it's well thumbed paper manuals and to be honest nothing has been added that is of any value to me since that version. But loving version 5.0 as I did, I have happily and willingly upgraded each year. And then the ROC-Curve & partial Area Under the Curve Analysis script came along which was beautiful in JMP12. I have set up a teaching session to show my students about ROC curves.... and I upgraded to v13...... and now it doesn't display the curves. boo. 

Article Labels
Article Tags
Contributors