Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
theseventhhill
Level III

graphics script reported errors in log: spatial analysis and distance tool addins errors

Hello All

I have a 590 x 26 data table with  8 columns having lat and long in decimal corresponding to location1, location2 and misc. location, other location. I also have 4 more columns concatenating the lat and long into a format (lat,long).

I am trying to find the distance matrix for 4 cases:

1. distance matrix (great circle or haversine or euclidean) between the set of lat and long in location2

2. distance matrix between location2 and misc. location

3. distance matrix between other location and location2

4. distance matrix between other location and misc. location

I have R and the required packages installed. 

I am slipping somewhere in terms of using the right format for lat and long. For now I have lat and long on decimals. Do I need it converted to DMS format first? if so, does JMP addin or some standard scripting have a efficient way of converting decimals to DMS?

My second question is , whenI just plot Y vs X , I am able to click on the graph for 2 points and get the distances. But The distance data tables are not automatically generated for other rows. Then I noticed a error inside the Y vs X output of graph builder saying graphics script reported errors.

I have attached a subset of the data.table for testing purposes.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: graphics script reported errors in log: spatial analysis and distance tool addins errors

You did not mention which version of JMP you are using.

In JMP 12 and higher, you can select a column> Column Info > Format > Geographic and select the appropraite format.

I cannot assure that will fix the R problem.

Good luck.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.