cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
touradnik
Level I

Multiple Spec Limits Based on Row Values

We often structure our inspection sheets based on column identifiers-- see the attached csv.

I was wondering if there was a way to run simultaneous analyses based on feature ID and pulling the spec limits so that for each graph, it uses the spec limits in the subsequent columns.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Multiple Spec Limits Based on Row Values

Welcome to the JMP Community.

The answer is, maybe yes, maybe no.

When you are saying "simultaneous analyses", what specifically are you taking about?

Typically, I would split the data into separate columns for each different Feature ID, with a separate row for each Part.  The Spec Limits can then be added to each column as a Column Property, and then in most analyses, JMP will automatically handle the limits.

The splitting and transforming data is one of the strengths of JMP, so that part will be easy.

Any help with the specifics will be very helpful. 

Jim
touradnik
Level I

Thanks Jim! 

The specifics is running capability analyses per feature ID.

Our purpose for formatting in this manner is so that we can have a part report run down the rows, and you can quickly see why a part failed for a specific criterion.

jthi
Super User

One platform you can use when you have this type of data is Process Screening and you are able to calculate capability values.

jthi_0-1714232206024.png

jthi_1-1714232230693.png

If you don't have separate spec limit table you can use same table

jthi_2-1714232248733.png

jthi_3-1714232258896.png

jthi_4-1714232266003.png

But if you have split data you get easy access to many more platforms such as Process Capability (and many more) when you set spec limit column properties.

-Jarmo