Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

capability analysis on several ys for several products

fidaleom

Community Trekker

Oct 20, 2014

Dear All, anyone can help?

I have several ys measured on several products as a function of time. All the data are reported on a jmp data table. I want to perform a capability analysis for all the ys and all the products. I tried to do this by using the capability command specifying all the ys and the product label column under the field 'by'. After that, jmp asks for the specification limits but it does not allow me to load different specification limits for each product. It seems strange that it does allow to use the command 'by' but then it does not allow to load different spec limits not only for different ys but also for different product. Any help on this? Many thanks, Marcello.

4 REPLIES
Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

Sounds like you have all your y's stacked in a single column? One simple workaround could be to to a Tables -> Split on the original data table. This will place the y's in their own separate columns and then you'll be able to enter specification limits for each column.

fidaleom

Community Trekker

Oct 20, 2014

Thanks Peter. I actually have all the ys in their own columns but I have rows for different products. The product name is reported in a column. Each product has its own spec limits for the different ys. Marcello.

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Your data is clearly not in the correct data structure to do what you want.  Take a look at the sample data table called

Semiconductor Capability

from the 

Help==>Sample Data Library

It has the necessary data format, and also some embedded scripts that will show you how it all works.

Jim
fidaleom

Community Trekker

Oct 20, 2014

Many thanks Jim, I have understood  how the data have to be arranged. Best regards, Marcello.