Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

What happened to combined windows option in JMP 12?

tim_ka1

Community Trekker

May 21, 2015

Hello,

I used to be able to combine multiple report windows into 1 (using the "combine windows" checkbox located at the bottom right of the JMP window).  This was very useful for me to help summarize and visually show the analysis I was conducting.

can anyone help explain to me where is this option in JMP12?  Did they remove it and if so, did they replace it with a similar option?

Please help.

Thank you.

Tim

5 REPLIES
tim_ka1

Community Trekker

May 21, 2015

Just found out that the "Combine selected windows" option can be enabled through the top dropdown menu...

Window-->Arrange-->.....

then choose "Select All for Arrange"....

then you can choose specific windows to run the "combine selected windows" option.

Is there a way to have this function put back on the bottom right of the window area without having to go the "Window-->Arrange" menus?

mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I am able to invoke Combine Selected Windows from the lower right hand black triangle Arrange menu next to the checkbox in JMP 12.0.1

Hmmm... I am not seeing Select All for Arrange ... is that what you are missing?

Eric_Hill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

Hey, Tim,

I'm perplexed - I don't believe we have changed anything about the Combine Selected Windows feature or the presence of the checkboxes on the status bar at the bottom of windows.  I'm attaching a screenshot of a couple report windows with the boxes checked and with the menu dropped down.

8816_combine_windows_001.png

Could you maybe include a screenshot so that we can see how your windows look different?

Thanks,

Eric

tim_ka1

Community Trekker

May 21, 2015

Hello Eric,

I was pretty sure my JMP windows did not show the checkbox option on the lower right. Now I see the checkbox. I too am perplexed.

Thank you for your help.

Tim

Eric_Hill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

I do notice that if I make a window short enough, the status bar with the check box eventually goes away:

8817_bc_short.png

Maybe it was something like that.

But, in any case, glad you've found them!

Eric