Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Using JSL to Display Launch Window for Control Chart Platforms

hlrauch

Community Trekker

Sep 19, 2014

The JMP Scripting Guide shows how to display the launch window for a platform, so a user can select columns and other options (V12 Scripting Guide, p. 387). The guide's example displays the Distribution launch window:

Distribution(Weight({}));

This works well in most cases. However I can't figure out how to display the launch windows for the control chart platforms. I can run the following:

Control Chart();

but this (and some variations of this code) always opens the X-Bar Control Chart launcher. I can't display the launch windows for run charts, IR (individual measurement & moving range) charts, or any of the other control charts. The following two attempts, for example, produce errors.

Control Chart(

Sample Size( 1 ), KSigma( 3 ),

Chart Col( {}, Run Chart )

);

Control Chart(

Sample Size( 1 ), KSigma( 3 ),

Chart Col( {} ))

);

I may have a work-around method, but I would rather do this using the documented techniques. Any suggestions for displaying the launch windows for these other control charts?

Thanks!

Howard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hihlrauch​​,

Try using the Main Menu() command. This allows you to call any of the items that appear in the JMP Menus, directly from JSL. For example:

Main Menu("IR") --> displays the Control Chart Individual Measurement launch window

Main Menu("Run Chart")--> displays the Run Chart launch window

and so on....

hope this helps!

Phil

PDB
2 REPLIES
Solution

Hihlrauch​​,

Try using the Main Menu() command. This allows you to call any of the items that appear in the JMP Menus, directly from JSL. For example:

Main Menu("IR") --> displays the Control Chart Individual Measurement launch window

Main Menu("Run Chart")--> displays the Run Chart launch window

and so on....

hope this helps!

Phil

PDB
hlrauch

Community Trekker

Sep 19, 2014

Thanks Phil. This does help, in particular by confirming that I'm not missing any obvious way to open the various launch windows using the Control Chart() platform call, and that the Main Menu() command is the only known work-around.

Howard