Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mickyboy
Level V

Different icons for JMP Files

Hi Guys,

I recently had someone work on my computer, previously all the different JMP files, such as Scripts, Journals and Data tables had different icons when they were sitting in my working folder, since the work was done all these have the same icon and are very hard to identify unless i look at the extension, and everytime l click on one it reopens JMP,  so i may reopen JMP several times in one session, please see the attached photo. Does anyone have a work around??

Thanks

Mick

JMP-2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Different icons for JMP Files

It sounds crazy but reinstalling JMP might be the easiest solution to get the icons back, or you could set windows explorer to always show file extensions. A web search for 'windows 10 change icon for file type'  gives you details to fix icons without reinstalling JMP (looks like a pain), or a search for 'windows 10 always show file extensions' should show file extensions, which I prefer anyway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Try going to
File=>Preferences=>Window's Specific
And then clicking on the Reset Associations button close to the bottom of the window
Jim
Mickyboy
Level V

Thanks Jim,

No luck with that suggestions

ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

It sounds crazy but reinstalling JMP might be the easiest solution to get the icons back, or you could set windows explorer to always show file extensions. A web search for 'windows 10 change icon for file type'  gives you details to fix icons without reinstalling JMP (looks like a pain), or a search for 'windows 10 always show file extensions' should show file extensions, which I prefer anyway.

Mickyboy
Level V

Thanks ih,

apprecaite your advice, thanks very much, it does sound a bit crazy but will give it a go