BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WendyLou315
Community Trekker

Re: Two graphs to single PowerPoint slide

Thanks again, Jim!  I discovered that it was as simple as the sizing (more ratio than size) in the plot script that needed adjusting and now it works great.

I will most assuredly take your advice and read the Scripting Guide once the complerte tool I'm developing is prototype ready, which I believe it now is thanks to you.  I tried to show the display tree for the surface plots, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.  It appears to be a different method from displaying for other charts.

0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

To show the Display Tree just right click on any outline box's gray trangle and select "Edit==>Show Tree Structure"

Jim
0 Kudos
WendyLou315
Community Trekker

Well, look at that!  I clicked everywhere BUT there. 

Now I discovered that I'm not getting the legend.  The tree structure isn't helping me with that either.  Sssigh!  I can't seem to win with this option.  A single Surface Plot is a piece of cake in comparison.

Thanks again, Jim!

0 Kudos
cheeny
Community Trekker

Hi,

I am having the same issue with getting graphs into presentation. this is very helpful. now what if you have more plots and need to put them on another slide? 

0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

Repeat the same process as before, with the 2 new objects you want to put together, but then when you go to Save the Presentation, specify to Append to the existing pptx

myhlb2 << save presentation( "C:\mypicture.pptx", Replace( Append) );

See documentation and an example in the Scripting Index

Help==>Scripting Index.........search on "Save Presentation"

Jim
cheeny
Community Trekker

oh thanks! by the way its just replace or append.
myhlb2 << save presentation( "C:\mypicture.pptx", append );
0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

Oops....you are correct

Jim
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cheeny
Community Trekker

Hi thanks for the help last time. 

I am still working on this.. 

Just curious if we can make a more flexible script where i have specific dimensions for my HLBox and VLBox but use a for loop to append each object of a report with n items. also n is not fixed thats why we need a loop. 

biv = Bivariate(); //with n objects

nbiv = N items(biv);

myhlb = V List box();

myvlb = V List box();

for(i=1, i<=nbiv, i++,
    myhlb << append( report( biv[i] ) ); //but only 3 objects appended at a time
    myvlb << append( myhlb << get picture ); //and this one, only 2 objects appended at a time
);

goal is to have 3x2 objects per slide

is this possible?

0 Kudos