cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WendyLou315
Level III

Two graphs to single PowerPoint slide

Does anyone know how to send two graphs (3-D Surface Plots) to the same PowerPoint Slide?  I know how to get one there, but I need two, side-by-side.  I even know the size and position I want them on the slide, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get them both there at one time.  Using Journal removes the text boxes and legend that must be included.

18 REPLIES 18
WendyLou315
Level III

Re: Two graphs to single PowerPoint slide

Thanks again, Jim!  I discovered that it was as simple as the sizing (more ratio than size) in the plot script that needed adjusting and now it works great.

I will most assuredly take your advice and read the Scripting Guide once the complerte tool I'm developing is prototype ready, which I believe it now is thanks to you.  I tried to show the display tree for the surface plots, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.  It appears to be a different method from displaying for other charts.

txnelson
Super User

To show the Display Tree just right click on any outline box's gray trangle and select "Edit==>Show Tree Structure"

Jim
WendyLou315
Level III

Well, look at that!  I clicked everywhere BUT there. 

Now I discovered that I'm not getting the legend.  The tree structure isn't helping me with that either.  Sssigh!  I can't seem to win with this option.  A single Surface Plot is a piece of cake in comparison.

Thanks again, Jim!

cheeny
Level II

Hi,

I am having the same issue with getting graphs into presentation. this is very helpful. now what if you have more plots and need to put them on another slide? 

txnelson
Super User

Repeat the same process as before, with the 2 new objects you want to put together, but then when you go to Save the Presentation, specify to Append to the existing pptx

myhlb2 << save presentation( "C:\mypicture.pptx", Replace( Append) );

See documentation and an example in the Scripting Index

Help==>Scripting Index.........search on "Save Presentation"

Jim
cheeny
Level II

oh thanks! by the way its just replace or append.
myhlb2 << save presentation( "C:\mypicture.pptx", append );
txnelson
Super User

Oops....you are correct

Jim
cheeny
Level II

Hi thanks for the help last time. 

I am still working on this.. 

Just curious if we can make a more flexible script where i have specific dimensions for my HLBox and VLBox but use a for loop to append each object of a report with n items. also n is not fixed thats why we need a loop. 

biv = Bivariate(); //with n objects

nbiv = N items(biv);

myhlb = V List box();

myvlb = V List box();

for(i=1, i<=nbiv, i++,
    myhlb << append( report( biv[i] ) ); //but only 3 objects appended at a time
    myvlb << append( myhlb << get picture ); //and this one, only 2 objects appended at a time
);

goal is to have 3x2 objects per slide

is this possible?

hogi
Level XI

Alternative approach (if you need to rearrange the plots anyway in poerpoint)

With a shortcut on the Graph Builder toolbar you can "throw" graphs and reports to Powerpoint

... and Powerpoint will insert the graph/report in the current slide of the current presentation.

New version should be available within the next few days:
Graph Builder Toolbar 

hogi_0-1678381695508.png