Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Stored Procedures

aallman

Contributor

Feb 28, 2017

I feel very silly for asking this but can someone explain stored procedures to me?

When I started this job I had never used JMP before, and the people who taught me to use it showed me these stored procedures that open data tables. They didn't know much about them, only that that is what they did to open our '7 day tables'. The data tables that open are huge, and I want to somehow "query" or "filter" the stored procedure SQL statement. The table that opens is not part of any other table that I can access using Query Builder or anything else. The procedure name in the Procedures list (in the Open Table dialog window) is this:

EXECUTE PEN.[ProcEngCVLRefSpecOrdPast7Days;1]()

which puts 

EXECUTE PEN.ProcEngCVLRefSpecOrdPast7Days

into the SQL box.

There is no ProcEngCVLRefSpecOrdPast7Days table listed in the table selection list above the Proceures box and I can't add or change anything in the SQL box without causing it to error. So I guess my question is, did someone write a script somewhere that this procedure is using? And is there any way I can edit this script to add a WHERE statement?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

That stored procedure is in your database, and not in JMP.  You'll need to contact your DBA or database owner to possibly modify the stored procedure.

What flavor of database are you using?  I.e. SQL Server, Oracle, ...?

aallman

Contributor

Feb 28, 2017

SQL Server