cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
eschares
Level II

Stacked Pareto

Hello,
I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to make a stacked pareto chart.
I have data on requests made by department over a 5-year period. I would like to build a chart that shows the number of requests by department, with each departmental bar stacked with yearly data.

I can make the following chart in Graph Builder, but can’t get the x-axis to reorder Ascending->Descending by bar height:

stacked.JPGpareto.JPG

I can get this chart from Analyze->Quality & Process->Pareto, but can’t get the bars to show stacked Year data within the bars.

Is there a way to combine these two? I’ve explored the JMP user discussion boards but couldn’t find an answer.

I did see the similar post at https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-to-create-a-stacked-pareto-chart/m-p/6506#M6500 but it didn't answer my question as to *how* to make it.  The accepted solution doesn't look sorted by any discernable value, and all stack to 100% which is not what I want.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eschares
Level II

Re: Stacked Pareto

I updated from JMP 12.0 to 14.1, and it now has an option on the x-axis to Order By. Got it!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
eschares
Level II

Re: Stacked Pareto

I updated from JMP 12.0 to 14.1, and it now has an option on the x-axis to Order By. Got it!