cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
eschares
Level II

Stacked Pareto

Hello,
I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to make a stacked pareto chart.
I have data on requests made by department over a 5-year period. I would like to build a chart that shows the number of requests by department, with each departmental bar stacked with yearly data.

I can make the following chart in Graph Builder, but can’t get the x-axis to reorder Ascending->Descending by bar height:

stacked.JPGpareto.JPG

I can get this chart from Analyze->Quality & Process->Pareto, but can’t get the bars to show stacked Year data within the bars.

Is there a way to combine these two? I’ve explored the JMP user discussion boards but couldn’t find an answer.

I did see the similar post at https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-to-create-a-stacked-pareto-chart/m-p/6506#M6500 but it didn't answer my question as to *how* to make it.  The accepted solution doesn't look sorted by any discernable value, and all stack to 100% which is not what I want.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eschares
Level II

Re: Stacked Pareto

I updated from JMP 12.0 to 14.1, and it now has an option on the x-axis to Order By. Got it!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
eschares
Level II

Re: Stacked Pareto

I updated from JMP 12.0 to 14.1, and it now has an option on the x-axis to Order By. Got it!