Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Sburel
Level III

Response Screening vs Dunnett for large datasets

Hello,

I'm dealing with very large datasets in which we have conducted many different studies (study_id) where we compare various 'test_article' vs a  control (ie PBS). This is done in multiple replicates (subject_id). For each of subject_id, in each of those studies, we are making measurement for up 50000 different type of measurement (Veggies).  The result of each measurement is reported as a log2 (of the measurement of a given subject normalized by the mean of the control group from the same study, but the nature of the measurement is not that important, I think).

On a small dataset, I would run a One-way anova (one per study) for each veggy to compare the effect of treatment (test_article) and follow that up with a Dunnett's. On a large data, it seems to become intractable for 2  reason (multiple measurement - so FDR becomes a requisite) and unable (ie don't know how) to only report the p-value and bypassing the graphical phase( which is not practical for that many tests).

The 'response screening' seems to be a slightly better alternative but is missing the option to define a reference control group as I am not interested in knowing if test-article A is better than B but only if any of the test_article are different from the control.

Finally, I would like to be able code the process for reproducibility.

I've attached a toy example of the dataset.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Sebastien

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Thierry_S
Level VI

Re: Response Screening vs Dunnett for large datasets

Hi Sebastien,
Your example seems to call for a repeated measure mixed linear model. There is a really good Add-In (https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Full-Factorial-Repeated-Measures-ANOVA-Add-In/ta-p/23904) that should let you design the right combination of factors taking into account that you are evaluating the same subject across different conditions.
Of note: the Within Subject Factors are those that span across Subjects such as Sampling Time. In contrast, the Between Subject Factors are those that are only found for a specific Subject such as Treatment or Experiment.

Best regards,

TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
Highlighted
Sburel
Level III

Re: Response Screening vs Dunnett for large datasets

Hi Thierry,

Thanks a lot for the tip. It could be helpful. I'll give it a try

Best

S
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.