Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Gabriel
Level I

Regressions: Comparing groups

Good day, 

I have a set of regression for three groups (see attached image1), and I want to see how one group differs from the other. I would normally check how parallel the regression lines are one to another, I just simply compare the regression slopes of one group to another as it is in the image2 attached.

What is the best way to approach this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Thierry_S
Level VI

Re: Regressions: Comparing groups

Hi Gabriel,
The beauty of JMP is that you can build relatively complex models to compare the effect of different factors on your outcome. Hence, I would recommend to you look into the Fit Model platform in the Help section.
Specifically, the model would include the NDSI, the Genotype, and the interaction between those two factors: this interaction factor will allow you to compare the "slopes" of your regressions.
I hope it helps.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Thierry_S
Level VI

Re: Regressions: Comparing groups

Hi Gabriel,
The beauty of JMP is that you can build relatively complex models to compare the effect of different factors on your outcome. Hence, I would recommend to you look into the Fit Model platform in the Help section.
Specifically, the model would include the NDSI, the Genotype, and the interaction between those two factors: this interaction factor will allow you to compare the "slopes" of your regressions.
I hope it helps.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

Article Labels