Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
chris_dennis
Level III

Pulling data from MS Access 97 database uisng JMP 12 or higher

I am working on updating a script to that was written in JMP 7 and pulls data from Access97. No issue to get it to work with JMP 11 version, but when I try with JMP 12 there are issues with extracting the tables from Access 97 database. There are three different errors received. I don't have experience pulling information from Access database to JMP. I need to see if I can get this script working with a newer version of JMP 12 or higher with minimum effort. Any help or tips for direction would be appreciated. Errors: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application. Unable to connect to database Unable to open table: SMSPlus in database: MS Access Database
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Pulling data from MS Access 97 database uisng JMP 12 or higher

Hi Chris,

I am not familiar with those error messages.  You didn't happen to change from 32-bit JMP in JMP 11, to 64-bit in JMP 12, did you?  If so, you would have a driver bitness mismatch that would prevent JMP from working with the Access ODBC driver.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

Highlighted
chris_dennis
Level III

Checked version JMP12 is 32 bit. Also Access is 32 bit. PC is a 64bit system.
Highlighted

The ODBC driver error is:

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application.

This is what I found from Microsoft.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/access/database-previous-version

“By design, recent versions of Access cannot convert Access 97 files.” this is an unfortunate comment in the doc.

It looks like a file format change.

I little more info is here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24116593/access-2013-cannot-open-a-database-created-with-a-previ...

-Bryan

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.