Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Françoise
Level IV

Pb data base

hi,

I try to solve a problem without success. I try to explain it.

I have a data-base A and I execute a script to create a dash-board A.

Inside this dash-board A, there are Buttons Boxes. When we click on a Button Box, we execute a script which will create a new dash-board B. It  opens a database B which I have made "Invisible" and  execute a script on it.

When we  close the window of the dash-board B, we therefore return to the dash-board A.

When we click on another Button Box which must execute a script on the data-base A : the script searches for the variables of data-base B. It is as if data-base B is not closed.

I 've used Close( dtB ) without success.

is there a solution?

thanks for your help.

all the best !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

Re: Pb data base

right-click the tool bar and add it

pop-up menu for toolbar; drag the dotted handle to arrange segmentspop-up menu for toolbar; drag the dotted handle to arrange segments

You can also use the home window...just double click the grayed tables to open them in a window

Grayed tables are opened without a window until you double clickGrayed tables are opened without a window until you double click

Craige

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

1. Any messages in the log? close(dtB, nosave) might report in the log that there is still an open platform.
  2. It sounds like you might have columns of the same name in dtA and dtB and you are using just the column name to reference them. Use dtA:colname and dtB:colname to make sure you get the colname from the table you expect. Otherwise, when the current data table changes, you'll get the wrong column.
  3. On windows, you can see the invisible table's name in the tool bar; you can make it visible and force it closed. You might be able to diagnose the problem that way.

Use the table widget to manage visible and invisible tablesUse the table widget to manage visible and invisible tables

Craige
Highlighted
Françoise
Level IV

Hi,

thanks for your anwer.

I 've seen that the dtB is always opened. I've no choosen View/Tool bar/Data Table List.

Is there a command to close a data table permanently?

could you please give me more information about dtA:colname and dtB:colname? Idon't understand it.

best regards

Highlighted

See the Close() function to close a data table. There is a second argument that determines if the data table should be saved or not.

See the Scripting Guide about column references. The use of a data table reference with a data column reference is basic scripting knowledge.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Highlighted
Françoise
Level IV

I don't have what you surrounded

Highlighted
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

right-click the tool bar and add it

pop-up menu for toolbar; drag the dotted handle to arrange segmentspop-up menu for toolbar; drag the dotted handle to arrange segments

You can also use the home window...just double click the grayed tables to open them in a window

Grayed tables are opened without a window until you double clickGrayed tables are opened without a window until you double click

Craige

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Françoise
Level IV

Hi,

To finish this discussion, I looked in the JMP Help and community posts. I did not resolve the pb while close ( dtB, No save) works in another of my scripts. Maybe, close() isn't at the good line.

The solution, which is not what I expected, is as follows: when I close the dashboard of the base B, I click in a graphic of the dashboard A or next to it and that selects the dt A automatically.

The dtB seems closed.

thanks for your answers

best regards

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.