cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Rehrig76
Level II

My Home Window no longer has the Recent Files window

Hi All,

Not sure how I did it, but my Home Window is screwed up. The Window List is not longer in the Home Wndow, and the Recent Files list is not longer there.  I can't click on any of the menu drop-downs either(although I can if I open a data table ).   Very frustrating - I've uninstalled and re-installed JMP, and it looks exactly the same.  If anyone has a clue, please help.

Thanks,

-Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rehrig76
Level II

Re: My Home Window no longer has the Recent Files window

This didn't work,  I tried it Friday.  I actually just fixed this by applying the fix for someone that had the same issue in JMP 12 - Go to User\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP an there was an entry in there for Homelayout.  I deleted it, and restarted JMP, and everything is back to normal.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Have you tried going to the View menu > Home Window Panes > Revert to Factory Layout? It sounds like you might need to open a data file first to see the menu.

Dan Obermiller

Mike,

Can you get to "View" drop down menu?  If so, you should be able to reset Home window there.  View > Home Window Panes.

HTH

albertpost
Level I

How do you do this in JMP14?  I seem to be having the same problem.

mischa869
Level II

Yes! I did it in my JMP 14 and it worked (thank G-d!)

mischa869
Level II

I went to User\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP and there was an entry in there for Homelayout.  I deleted it, and restarted JMP, and everything is back to normal.

mischa869
Level II

I went to User\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP an there was an entry in there for Homelayout. I deleted it, and restarted JMP, and everything is back to normal.

What Dan said!

Rehrig76
Level II

This didn't work,  I tried it Friday.  I actually just fixed this by applying the fix for someone that had the same issue in JMP 12 - Go to User\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP an there was an entry in there for Homelayout.  I deleted it, and restarted JMP, and everything is back to normal.

Thanks!