cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Rehrig76
Level II

My Home Window no longer has the Recent Files window

Hi All,

Not sure how I did it, but my Home Window is screwed up. The Window List is not longer in the Home Wndow, and the Recent Files list is not longer there.  I can't click on any of the menu drop-downs either(although I can if I open a data table ).   Very frustrating - I've uninstalled and re-installed JMP, and it looks exactly the same.  If anyone has a clue, please help.

Thanks,

-Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rehrig76
Level II

Re: My Home Window no longer has the Recent Files window

This didn't work,  I tried it Friday.  I actually just fixed this by applying the fix for someone that had the same issue in JMP 12 - Go to User\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP an there was an entry in there for Homelayout.  I deleted it, and restarted JMP, and everything is back to normal.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Have you tried going to the View menu > Home Window Panes > Revert to Factory Layout? It sounds like you might need to open a data file first to see the menu.

Dan Obermiller

Mike,

Can you get to "View" drop down menu?  If so, you should be able to reset Home window there.  View > Home Window Panes.

HTH

albertpost
Level I

How do you do this in JMP14?  I seem to be having the same problem.

mischa869
Level II

Yes! I did it in my JMP 14 and it worked (thank G-d!)

mischa869
Level II

I went to User\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP and there was an entry in there for Homelayout.  I deleted it, and restarted JMP, and everything is back to normal.

mischa869
Level II

I went to User\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP an there was an entry in there for Homelayout. I deleted it, and restarted JMP, and everything is back to normal.

What Dan said!

Rehrig76
Level II

This didn't work,  I tried it Friday.  I actually just fixed this by applying the fix for someone that had the same issue in JMP 12 - Go to User\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP an there was an entry in there for Homelayout.  I deleted it, and restarted JMP, and everything is back to normal.

Thanks!