Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

More than 1 Linear Regressions indicated in the same plot with CI

Highlighted
SIVAKUMARb

New Contributor

Feb 17, 2017

I have 3 data trends with the same time points. Is it possible to show all the linear regression fits (with their 95% CI) on the same plot? A colleague was able to do that in a different software and I would like to be able to do that within JMP (see attached).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Obermiller

Apr 3, 2013

Solution

Have a column for Weeks. A column for Avg. % Area. A column for the group (values of M1, M2D, and M2).

Use Fit Y by X to plot Avg. % Area vs Weeks. From the red pop-up menu choose Group By. Specify the group column. Now Fit Line (or whatever model you want). You will get a fit for each value of the group column.

4 REPLIES
Dan_Obermiller

Apr 3, 2013

Solution

Have a column for Weeks. A column for Avg. % Area. A column for the group (values of M1, M2D, and M2).

Use Fit Y by X to plot Avg. % Area vs Weeks. From the red pop-up menu choose Group By. Specify the group column. Now Fit Line (or whatever model you want). You will get a fit for each value of the group column.

SIVAKUMARb

New Contributor

Feb 17, 2017

Thank you for the reply, but how do you get the 95% CI region to show up (as in the example attached) for each linear fit? That is what the team wants to see.

SIVAKUMARb

New Contributor

Feb 17, 2017

Ok, never mind my other question. Just figured it out. Thanks a ton!
Dan_Obermiller

Apr 3, 2013

Glad you figured it out. Just remember that holding the control key down while selecting Confidence Fit Shaded (or just Confidence Fit) for one will add the intervals for all of them.