BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Marc_1
Community Trekker

Missing Scroll Bar in Interactive HTML

I am wondering if the following is a known bug with a work-around, or if I am misunderstanding something about the code.

I am trying to save some output in a tab box as an interactive html. I don't really care that about the format, only what looks nice and doesn't need JMP to open (the audience for the results will not haev JMP). I'm seeing an error occur when saving a tab box with a lot of columns. It appears the scroll bar is not implemented in the HTML, which makes it impossible the view the contents of the columns.

I've reproduced the problem using the Big Class sample data set with the code below. I specifically want all of the columns to be shown - or be able to be seen via a scroll bar. If you specify the path and run the code, you'll see that the window produced in JMP works nicely, but the HTML file is cut-off in the tab box.

Any help or guiandance would be much appreciated.

Names Default to Here(1);
dt = Open("$Sample_Data/Big Class.jmp");

For(i=1,i<=20,i++,
	dt << New Column("Col"||Char(i));
);

main_window = New Window("Test Window",
	V List Box(
		Outline Box("Test",
			tab_box = Tab Box("Tab Box",
				table_tab = dt << New Data Box(),
			)
		)
	)
);
your_path = "PUT PATH HERE";
main_window << Save Interactive HTML(your_path || "Test.html");
0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing Scroll Bar in Interactive HTML

Hello, 

The data table you are trying to include in an Interactive HTML export is not yet supported. Any graphs or tables we don't support yet are rendered as an image with a tooltip saying "This feature is not interactive".  To help you understand what is not supported yet, we write messages to the log. You can view the log by selecting "Log" from the "View" menu.  

In this case, you will see the message "Interactive HTML: Unsupported display type: DataBrowserBox" which corresponds to the "New Data Box()" call in your script. The scrollbars are part of the DataBrowserBox, so they are included in the rendered image, but since they are not functional, they appear as gray bars. 

If you'd like to try a script that saves a data table to HTML with an active scrollbar, please read the following:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Scripts/Export-Data-Table-to-HTML/ta-p/23410

There are still many features in JMP not yet supported in Interactive HTML. We prioritize the features we choose to support each release based on our understanding of their relative importance. We encourage you to let us know what features you'd like to see supported in Interactive HTML through technical support or here on the cummunity in the JMP Wish List

Thanks, 

~John 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Missing Scroll Bar in Interactive HTML

Hello, 

The data table you are trying to include in an Interactive HTML export is not yet supported. Any graphs or tables we don't support yet are rendered as an image with a tooltip saying "This feature is not interactive".  To help you understand what is not supported yet, we write messages to the log. You can view the log by selecting "Log" from the "View" menu.  

In this case, you will see the message "Interactive HTML: Unsupported display type: DataBrowserBox" which corresponds to the "New Data Box()" call in your script. The scrollbars are part of the DataBrowserBox, so they are included in the rendered image, but since they are not functional, they appear as gray bars. 

If you'd like to try a script that saves a data table to HTML with an active scrollbar, please read the following:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Scripts/Export-Data-Table-to-HTML/ta-p/23410

There are still many features in JMP not yet supported in Interactive HTML. We prioritize the features we choose to support each release based on our understanding of their relative importance. We encourage you to let us know what features you'd like to see supported in Interactive HTML through technical support or here on the cummunity in the JMP Wish List

Thanks, 

~John