Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Jitendar
Level II

Import / Open .eps files through JMP

Dear all,

I have been using JMP from few months and it is a great software to work and play with.

As I work with different clients, we receive multiple .eps files from them. Using these files we need to do further exploration and/or other activities as per their need.

I am unable to import/open .eps files shared by others from JMP. If any one has tried and found a simple/feasible solution, very much helpful.

thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Jitendar

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Thierry_S
Level VI

Re: Import / Open .eps files through JMP

Hi Jitendar,

Could you clarify which application was used to generate these files? I'm asking because EPS usually stands for Encapsulated PostScript files (i.e. a vector graphic format) which I'm pretty sure cannot be handled by JMP
Thierry R. Sornasse
Highlighted
Jitendar
Level II

Hi Thierry, thank you for your quick response. I have generated .EPS files using R and JMP. I have raised a wish list in JMP for this, can you please vote for it? so that we can have a new functionality and will be helpful for others as well.

Highlighted
ian_jmp
Staff

A good approach may depend on what content you want from the .eps files. If you are not aware already, please take a look at the PDF Import capability in JMP 15. There are plenty online services that will convert .eps to .pdf. 

Highlighted
Jitendar
Level II

thank you Ian for your quick reply and help.
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

@Jitendar 

I think you should add your request to the JMP Wish List, so it officially gets on the list of items that JMP reviews for their future enhancements.

Jim
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.