Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Jitendar
Level I

Import / Open .eps files through JMP

Dear all,

I have been using JMP from few months and it is a great software to work and play with.

As I work with different clients, we receive multiple .eps files from them. Using these files we need to do further exploration and/or other activities as per their need.

I am unable to import/open .eps files shared by others from JMP. If any one has tried and found a simple/feasible solution, very much helpful.

thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Jitendar

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Thierry_S
Level V

Re: Import / Open .eps files through JMP

Hi Jitendar,

Could you clarify which application was used to generate these files? I'm asking because EPS usually stands for Encapsulated PostScript files (i.e. a vector graphic format) which I'm pretty sure cannot be handled by JMP
Thierry R. Sornasse
Highlighted
Jitendar
Level I

Hi Thierry, thank you for your quick response. I have generated .EPS files using R and JMP. I have raised a wish list in JMP for this, can you please vote for it? so that we can have a new functionality and will be helpful for others as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ian_jmp
Staff

A good approach may depend on what content you want from the .eps files. If you are not aware already, please take a look at the PDF Import capability in JMP 15. There are plenty online services that will convert .eps to .pdf. 

Highlighted
Jitendar
Level I

thank you Ian for your quick reply and help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

@Jitendar 

I think you should add your request to the JMP Wish List, so it officially gets on the list of items that JMP reviews for their future enhancements.

Jim
0 Kudos