Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to remove text from illustrations/plots

KatrineK

New Contributor

Nov 7, 2016

I'm new to JMP (13), still trying to learn the basics. It's coming along well, however I have an issue with my illustrations/plots. They seem to include text (labesl) from the dataset, and strangely enough, it's text that don't concern the chosen variables in an analysis.  For example what the respondent(s) have answered in another question than the ones analysed (see example). How on earth do I remove this text - and I am running the analysis in a wrong way?!   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution
The issue is that the row state label is turned on and the column label that is being used is for the what you believe is the wrong column. If you don't want the labels, go to the row state column in your data table(the column that has the row numbers), go to the header area, right click and then remove row states. Or if you want the labeling, but from a different column, go to the column panel, right click on the column that is currently being used for the labeling, and select label/unlabel, then repeat the process for the column you whos value you want to be displayed
Jim
2 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution
The issue is that the row state label is turned on and the column label that is being used is for the what you believe is the wrong column. If you don't want the labels, go to the row state column in your data table(the column that has the row numbers), go to the header area, right click and then remove row states. Or if you want the labeling, but from a different column, go to the column panel, right click on the column that is currently being used for the labeling, and select label/unlabel, then repeat the process for the column you whos value you want to be displayed
Jim
KatrineK

New Contributor

Nov 7, 2016

Thanks a lot, Jim! The solution you described did not really work for me, however knowing now that it had to do with the "row states" led me to solve in it another way. Highly appreciated, thanks :)