BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jevering
New Contributor

Graph builder - Graph squished when running script

I am having a strange issue. I created a plot using graph builder and it worked fine when I created the plot intially, however when I try to execute the jsl after creating the graph the graph data become squished in the top of the window. If I click around enough I can can grab the corner of the frame of the graph and expand its size. I set the size of the plot and set the Fit the Window settings so that the graph should not be compressed. I attached images to show what the plot should look like and how it shows up when I run the script. 

When I run the script:

Capture.PNG

How the graph is supposed to look

Capture2.PNG

Here are the sizing settings I am using in the jsl.

Graph Builder(
Size( 1100, 500 ),
Show Control Panel( 0 ),
Fit to Window( "Off" ),

I am not really sure what would cause the graph to do this. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
cwillden
Super User

Re: Graph builder - Graph squished when running script

I don't see any immediate issues and I can't replicate the problem.  What version of JMP are you using?  Can you scrub your data of anything sensitive and upload the data and the GB script so we can reproduce the issue and look for fixes?

-- Cameron Willden
0 Kudos
jevering
New Contributor

I think I figured out the problem when trying to create test set of data. The problem I was misunderstanding out the :Page and Size functions interact.

Graph Builder(
Size( 1100, 500 ),
Show Control Panel( 0 ),
Fit to Window( "Off" ),
//Autostretching( 0 ),
Variables(
X( :Year ),
X( :Quarter, Position( 1 ) ),
X( :Work Week Start, Position( 1 ) ),
Y( :N Rows, Side( "Right" ) ),
Y( :Name( "N(Failure Category, 1)%" ), Position( 1 ) ),
Y( :Name( "N(Failure Category, 2)%" ), Position( 1 ) ),
Y( :Name( "N(Failure Category, 3)%" ), Position( 1 ) ),
Y( :Name( "N(Failure Category, Pass)%" ), Position( 1 ) ),
Page( :PartNumber )

When I ran this plot with a dataset that only had one part number the plot worked fine however on a dataset with multiple part numbers the graph was squished because the size does not indicate the size of the each individual page but all of the pages together. I just had to increase the height of the graph to accomodate multiple pages. If I really wanted to optimize I could make the height of the graph builder a function of the number of part numbers within the data set (Size(1100,#ofPN*500)). Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos

Is the Graph Builder report by itself in a window, or is it combined with other GUI elements/platforms?  Are you submitting the script through the JMP 14 Projects interface or through the multi-window JMP interface?

0 Kudos