Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
JL_LZH
Level III

Enlarging the parameter range of a DSD

Hello, I have a question regarding the possibilities of enlarging the parameter range of a screening design afterwards.

I ran a DSD where I used e.g. 2 different kinds of nozzle diameters and now, when analysing the results, I think it would be interesting to include smaller nozzle sizes. Is there a way to add runs with those new nozzles to my design, so that I can keep my old results for an "overall-model"? 

Thanks in advance

@martindemel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Enlarging the parameter range of a DSD

Select DOE > Augment Design. (This process is documented in Help > Books > Design of Experiments in its own chapter.) Identify the response and factor columns in the original design. Click Augment button at the bottom. This interface is essential the same as Custom Design. Go to the factor definitions and change the range for the new runs. Enter the number of the runs for the new design (original number of runs + number of new runs = total number of runs).

Learn it once, use it forever!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Select DOE > Augment Design. (This process is documented in Help > Books > Design of Experiments in its own chapter.) Identify the response and factor columns in the original design. Click Augment button at the bottom. This interface is essential the same as Custom Design. Go to the factor definitions and change the range for the new runs. Enter the number of the runs for the new design (original number of runs + number of new runs = total number of runs).

Learn it once, use it forever!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
JL_LZH
Level III

Hello Mark,
thanks a lot, works exactly like I wanted.
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.