Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
kofi
Level III

Embedded macro returns error when started by green traingle, but runs when started from script window

I've embedded a macro into my data table. But when clicking the green triangle, it gives me the following error message:

"Unresolved ColumnException in platform launch in access or evaluation of 'Control Chart Builder' , Control Chart Builder(/*###*/Size( 300, 275 )"

I believe it has to do with the specified size of the graph, however, when I open the script by clicking on "edit", then run it by clicking "run" from the script editor window, it does work, without error message, and returns the desired results.

Is this a bug? Or do I miss here something?

Cheers,

Kofi

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Embedded macro returns error when started by green traingle, but runs when started from script window

It may be that it's the 'Unresolved Column' part that's more indicative of what's happening. Could you perhaps upload the table with the saved script and no rows?

Highlighted
kofi
Level III

Re: Embedded macro returns error when started by green traingle, but runs when started from script window

table with script and no rows uploaded.

I should add: when triggered with the green triangle, the macro runs OK past the date picker, and even spits out graphs (despite the error messages). But they are greyed out in the window list and the graphs are empty (see screenshots attached). When triggered from the script window, the macro returns the graphs as desired.

result graph script windowresult graph script windowresult graph green triangleresult graph green trianglegreyed out graphsgreyed out graphs

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.