cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rlw268
Level III

Effect Summary and the Logworth with p-value of 0????

Hi can someone help me?

I am running logistic regression with two x variables below shows my effect summary with the logworth. Now I understand the logworth basically takes the -log(p-value) for each x variable and that works for the p-value 0.00219. What i am confused about is the logworth of for the p-value 0.0000, how is it getting 56.125? Moreover in other regression models I've run into different logworths for p-value  of 0. Can someone please explain this to me so I can move on with my life?jMOP.PNG

Thank you!!!

Rachel

#statistics

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Effect Summary and the Logworth with p-value of 0????

try double clicking on the p-value and change the format to show more decimal places to see what the actual p-value is.

Jim

View solution in original post

Thierry_S
Super User

Are you sure you used -Log10?
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

Thierry_S
Super User

Let's review: Log10 (7.5e-57) = Log10 (7.5) + Log10 (e-57) = Log10 (7.5) - 57 = 0.875 - 57 = -56.125
Thierry R. Sornasse

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

try double clicking on the p-value and change the format to show more decimal places to see what the actual p-value is.

Jim
rlw268
Level III

@txnelson well thank you cause i didn't realize I could do that. With that being said the value is 7.5e-57 but when I take the -log of that it gives me 49.8784920133. So I'm closer but still not spot on. 

Thierry_S
Super User

Are you sure you used -Log10?
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
rlw268
Level III

-log10 returns 49.8785

Thierry_S
Super User

Let's review: Log10 (7.5e-57) = Log10 (7.5) + Log10 (e-57) = Log10 (7.5) - 57 = 0.875 - 57 = -56.125
Thierry R. Sornasse
rlw268
Level III

Well thank you, I did it with a calculator and thats where I got the 49 answer. Thank you for doing it out!
Metin_Tueluemen
Level III

probably you used "e" in calculator which is 2,71828. Try 10^-57