Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
aju_philip
Level II

How to get formula column included in dashboard building using scripting

Hello,

I am a beginner with JMP scripting and building a dashboard using script (assisted).

I have created a formula column in data table prior to making graphs in dashboard.

When i run the dashboard script, graph with formula column is not appearing.

Graphs with original data table is plotted correctly. But In dashboard preview everything is appearing.

When further analyzed, i can see the formula column is not created in data table built when running the dashboard.

How can i include the formula column to the data table import script and then create the dashboard.

Regards

Aju Philip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aju_philip
Level II

Re: How to get formula column included in dashboard building using scripting

I have found a solution myself,

In dashboard properties, selected the data table source as "Current data table" rather than embedded script.

So the formula column generated in data table with script in current data table can be used in dashboard.

Thanks

Aju

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
aju_philip
Level II

I have found a solution myself,

In dashboard properties, selected the data table source as "Current data table" rather than embedded script.

So the formula column generated in data table with script in current data table can be used in dashboard.

Thanks

Aju

aju_philip
Level II

This could be one of solution, but I am sure the experts out there can find another one.

Regards
Aju
hogi
Level XI

I think this is a quite common trap:

• load a data file (-> source script is generated automatically)
  • manually add a column (source script is not updated automatically)
  • generate a graph, using the new column
  • don't save the table yet (see below)
  • generate a dashboard - and wonder about the error message

As the table is not saved yet, the Dashboard decides to use the source script of the data table to generate a new one

- and fails, as the source script doesn't generate the new column.

There are several ways to escape the trap:

1. add the generation of the additional column to the source script before you generate the Dashboard
  2. save the data table before you generate the Dashboard.
    Then an additional window opens and ask if it should use the source script or instead use the stored info. -> take the second option by selecting
    Holger_1-1648034531509.png

Would be great if it's possible to change the setting later - where do I find the 

dashboard properties, to select  the data table source as "Current data table" rather than embedded script.

In Dashboard Builder the property panel is closed by default.  The easiest way to open and close the property panel is from the red-triangle menu:

danschikore_0-1648043579879.png

From the property panel you can then change the initial settings for the Data Table Location:

danschikore_1-1648043829586.png