Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
jpollock
Level I

Creating a phased Control Chart to show a step change?

Hi!

New user and new to using JMP (v14.1), though I do have some expertise using Minitab, and JMP appears on the surface to share some similarity with how it works and is displayed (which is fortunate for me). 

One of the functions I used a lot of in Minitab was the ability to use a step change when creating a Control Chart. This allowed me to select a number of data rows for the initial CC limits, and then have the remaining unselected rows use their own CC limits.  I found this especially useful for graphically highlighting process change to non-six sigma people. 

Is there an 'easy' way to replicate this functionality in JMP 14.1? Preliminary searches have highlighted using a Save Limits feature and then using these 'saved limits', but this route didn't look intuitively easy as it was all written down in text and appeared fairly manual.  Perhaps a video would help if one exists?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
David_Burnham
Super User

Re: Creating a phased Control Chart to show a step change?

A control chart is a graphical and analytic tool for monitoring process variation. You can use Control Chart Builder to create control charts of your process...
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
David_Burnham
Super User

A control chart is a graphical and analytic tool for monitoring process variation. You can use Control Chart Builder to create control charts of your process...
Highlighted
jpollock
Level I

Awesome, just what I was looking for. Thank you. 

Highlighted
statman
Level VII

Since you are familiar with Minitab, you might find this useful as well:

https://www.jmp.com/en_us/whitepapers/jmp/minitab-to-jmp.html

Article Labels