Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Bullet Graph

olive

Community Trekker

Jan 5, 2012

Good evening,

Would you have an example of a bullet graph created with JMP? I've found many examples from other platforms but I couldn't find anything done with JMP.

Thank you for your help,

Olivia

4 REPLIES
leanpharma_gmai

Community Trekker

Oct 28, 2011

Graph builder can produce bullet graph like effect if you set two bar chart nested.

olive

Community Trekker

Jan 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your response.  Would you happen to have an example using the graph builder? I cannot get it to nest two bars and a target :/

Thank you for your help,

Olivia

ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Try the example script below, although I am not sure if the result is anywhere near what you want. The trick seem to be to add all the columns twice and exclude the target variable from the bar chart and the other two variables from the "target chart", here represented by a box plot. Variable exclusion (X or Y) are found in the contextual menu (right click).

dt = Open( "$ENGLISH_SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

dt << New Column( "target", Numeric, Continuous, <<Set Each Value( 100 ) );

Graph Builder(

Size( 500, 300 ),

Variables(

X( :height ),

X( :target, Position( 1 ) ),

X( :weight, Position( 1 ) ),

Group Y( :age )

),

Elements(

Bar( X( 1 ), X( 3 ), Legend( 2 ), Bar Style( "Bullet" ), Summary Statistic( "Mean" ) ),

Box Plot( X( 2 ), Legend( 4 ), Box Style( "Solid" ) )

),

SendToReport(

Dispatch( {},"400",

ScaleBox,

{Legend Model( 2, Properties( 1, {Transparency( 0.5 )} ) ),

Legend Model( 4, Properties( 0, {Fill Color( 0 )} ) )}

)));

rabelardo

Community Trekker

Mar 30, 2016

I know this is a very old thread.

Xan Gregg (creator and principal developer of the Graph Builder platform) gave a detailed instruction on how to achieve the complete bullet graph specifications in this thread.

- Randy, JMP newbie