Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
kwmcm
Level II

Best Color Scheme for 10+ items

Hi all, 

I'm currently working on a project where we'd like to color code in certain lots. 

In Row Legend, Colors section... I can't seem to pick the best "color scheme" that is best for 10+ different labels. What are your favorites? Some of the brighter colors can be so similar. 

I tried to make the graph an interactive HTML so that the end-user can click on the different lots and see where they are highlighted in the graph, but even as an interactive HTML, that ability is locked. Any other thoughts on that?

Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
dale_lehman
Level VI

Re: Best Color Scheme for 10+ items

I think your last approach should just be to add a local data filter for the variable that identifies the 10 groups.  If there is a natural order to the groups, I'd suggest using a single color, but with varying saturation levels (I prefer black to white, but the blue shading works well too).  Having 10 different colors is not likely to be intelligible, regardless of the color scheme, however.

Highlighted
kwmcm
Level II

Thanks for the reply!

The local data filter is something I haven't considered. If the column names won't always be the same, what's the best approach to scripting that? 

I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for my end-user since I'm not sure how JMP savvy they are. 

I could just tell them, click on the red arrow, and select local data filter, but if I could somehow script it to populate, that would ideal. 

Thanks so much

Highlighted

What platform are you attempting to export to Interactive HTML?  In general we try to honor the colors/style of visual elements as displayed in JMP, but there is no way to alter that in the browser once it is published.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.