cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jackie_
Level VI

Autorunning the JMP script periodically

Hi,

I'm trying to automate my everyday task. I want the following script to run periodically and save the output.

Can JMP auto select from the drop down list and save the output?

For ex. Selecting a Age then selecting a Name and then saving the output for all the age from 12 - 17

2020-06-02 09_39_14-Clipboard.png

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Autorunning the JMP script periodically

Your question(s) are confusing. You ask about automating "the following script", but there is not a script, unless your picture of the display boxes is referring to the script behind the display boxes. On the automation, yes, you can use the Schedule() function to wait for a specific period of time and the run a script.
Concerning the pull down menu selection, it would be my assumption that JSL can query the lists that create the pull downs and from that get the information needed. But it would not be making the clicks, etc. in an automated script.

JSL is a very complete programming language, so you can pretty much make it do whatever you want.

Jim
Jackie_
Level VI

Thanks @txnelson 

Can you share a sample code to query the lists that create the pull downs and from that get the information needed

Jackie_
Level VI

@txnelson  any suggestion?

txnelson
Super User

In JMP, the pull down boxes you displayed are called Combo Boxes.  Below is an example taken directly from the Scripting Index that illustrates what message to pass to  the Combo box for it to return to the script, what items are in the Combo Boxcombo.PNG

Names Default To Here( 1 );
New Window( "Example",
	cb = Combo Box(
		{"One", "Two", "Three"},
		selection = cb << GetSelected();
		Print( "Selected: " || selection );
	)
);
Print( cb << Get Items );
Jim