Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Re: Automate nonlinear analysis across groups specified by "By" variable

jb99

New Contributor

Jul 15, 2017

I am performing a nonlinear anlysis (Specialized modeling, nonlinear) on a large plant growth dataset made up of hundreds of types of plant. In the nonlinear platform, the Y is plant size, the X is time, and I want to do this analysis "By" plant type.  This leads to hundreds of "fit curve" boxes in which I would have to specify further anlalyses. Instead, I would like to automate this process, by fitting the peak model "fit gaussian peak" in every case. I would then create a combined table with all of the (hundreds) of estimated parameter values. 

Can anyone please advise on whether I can automate this process to run hundreds of "fit gaussian peak" models at the same time?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

Here is the same example, but with a "By" clause.  All of this is available in the Scripting Index.

Help==>Scripting Index==>Fit Curve

The Scripting Index and the Scripting Guide are the definitive publications that contain the definative information on JSL.

Fit Curve( Y( :height ), X( :weight ), 
     Fit Gaussian Peak, 
     by(:sex)
);
Jim
4 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

You need to run your analysis interactively and then save the script, and you will get the code to Fit Gaussian Peak

Fit Curve( Y( :height ), X( :weight ), Fit Gaussian Peak );
Jim
jb99

New Contributor

Jul 15, 2017

Thanks, but how would I do the analysis By "Plant type", so that the gaussian fit is done separately for the hundreds of plant types?

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

Here is the same example, but with a "By" clause.  All of this is available in the Scripting Index.

Help==>Scripting Index==>Fit Curve

The Scripting Index and the Scripting Guide are the definitive publications that contain the definative information on JSL.

Fit Curve( Y( :height ), X( :weight ), 
     Fit Gaussian Peak, 
     by(:sex)
);
Jim
Highlighted
ian_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

And (building on Jim's example) you can get the parameter estimates into a table like this:

NamesDefaultToHere(1);

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
fc = dt << Fit Curve( Y( :height ), X( :weight ),  Fit Gaussian Peak, by(:sex));
// Get all the parameter estimates into a single table
firstRep = Report(fc[1]);
dt2 = firstRep[TableBox(3)] << makeCombinedDataTable;
dt2 << setName("Parameter Estimates from "||(dt << getName));