Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

scatterplot matrix with row legend

mattf

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Good JMP Forum readers,

Please, can anyone add some insight on how to tie the created legend below to the graph? This works just fine when the legend is added interactively, (selecting an age in the legend selects the rows in the table and highlights on the graph.)

Thanks,
- puzzled

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

Scatterplot Matrix(
Y( :height ),
X( :sex ),
Matrix Format( "Lower Triangular" ),
SendToReport(
Dispatch(
{},
"Multiv Plot",
FrameBox,
{MarkerSize( 4 ), Row Legend(
age,
Color( 1 ),
Color Theme( "JMP Default" ),
Marker( 0 ),
Marker Theme( "" ),
Continuous Scale( 0 ),
Reverse Scale( 0 ),
Excluded Rows( 0 )
)}
)
)
)
6 REPLIES
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

When I run your script under JMP 8.0.1 on Windows XP I see the behavior you are looking for. When I click one of the levels in the legend the associated rows are selected in the table and are highlighted in the graph.

What version are you using and on what hardware platform?

-doubly puzzled
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I tried running the script under JMP 8.0.1 in Mac OS X 10.6.2. The script runs fine but the legend is NOT interactive.

A bug or just another limitation of JMP for Mac?
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

That's a question for JMP Support...
mattf

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi:

Thanks for the v. prompt response.

The puzzle is that for me on Win XP, v. 8.02, when the legend is added interactively by right clicking on the scatterplot and adding the legend it is linked and clicking on the legend highlights the desired records.

However, when building the graph by running the script, the clicking on the legend brings no joy, that is, the points are not highlighted/selected.

Thanks,
-puzzled
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I haven't yet installed 8.0.2 so can't yet tell if this got broken between 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 or if it's something else. Same advise though...contact JMP support and let us know what they say.

Michael
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I finally installed 8.0.2 on WinXP. The row legend must have been broken between 8.0.1 and 8.0.2. Worked via scripting on 8.0.1 but not 8.0.2.