BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
TONYMA

Community Trekker

Feb 14, 2017

how to classify abnoamal name to item?

dear  ,

i  want to classify  abnoamal name  to  item.

i want  to use  "if~" to write JSL, but  i can "t  work  it .

you are your god.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bill_worley

Staff

Jul 2, 2014

Solution

Re: how to classify abnoamal name to item?

One way to get the JSL code, at least for the Recode part, is to actually do the analysis, so recode your data and then save the script to the data table.  You can find the save script option under the File red hot spot of Recode.  You can also save the script directly to Script window if you want to modify it to fit your needs.  

By doing it this way you will have the JSL script written for you and won't have to start from scratch.  This also gives you the ability to run that script whenever you need it to run and if you want to schedule it to run at a given time you can modify the script to that for you as well.

You can use the Scripting Index under Help to find the Scheduler option.

6 REPLIES 6
cwillden

Super User

May 1, 2017

Sorry, I’m having trouble understanding what you’re asking. Are you wanting to name an object using a “~” in the name? If so, why would you need to do that?
-- Cameron Willden
TONYMA

Community Trekker

Feb 14, 2017

well,

In ”abnormal name“, you saw different name just like ”surface crack”,”crack“ and so on。

i want to change to these different  “ abnoraml name ” to  the same item which as “crack”。

you are your god.
bill_worley

Staff

Jul 2, 2014

If I read your request correctly you will want to change any misspelled words to the correct spelling. 

You can do this with the Recode option.  Select the column with the "abnormal name" and then go to Columns > Recode.  You can make your changes there.  When you have finished be sure to save your changes to a new column to preserve your original data.  

You can find a demonstration of Recode in the YouTube video link below.

TONYMA

Community Trekker

Feb 14, 2017

dear,

I know how to  recode it。

but i want to write JSL to recode  automaticly。

how i write JSL to make it work?

you are your god.
bill_worley

Staff

Jul 2, 2014

Solution

One way to get the JSL code, at least for the Recode part, is to actually do the analysis, so recode your data and then save the script to the data table.  You can find the save script option under the File red hot spot of Recode.  You can also save the script directly to Script window if you want to modify it to fit your needs.  

By doing it this way you will have the JSL script written for you and won't have to start from scratch.  This also gives you the ability to run that script whenever you need it to run and if you want to schedule it to run at a given time you can modify the script to that for you as well.

You can use the Scripting Index under Help to find the Scheduler option.

TONYMA

Community Trekker

Feb 14, 2017

thanks ,it worked  which i want to do 

you are your god.